Vape Battery Charger | 18650 Battery Charger & Power Bank
By utilising the Nectar Dual, our 18650 vape battery charger and power bank (includes 2x 3500mah 18650 batteries), you no longer need to wait for your vape to charge! The Nectar Dual is the perfect vape charger to keep your spare batteries and vape charged up simultaneously.
It’s the perfect vape battery charger which can be used as a power bank to charge up any device, including the Nectar Gold and Nectar Platinum dry herb vapes.
Nectar Vape Battery Charger Benefits
Here’s a quick list of the benefits you will gain when you purchase the Nectar vape battery charger and power bank combo:
- Dual use device – charge your Nectar vaporizer as well as your batteries – keep your spare batteries charged up whilst also charging your vaporizer
- 2 high performance rechargeable 18650 3500mah batteries (20A) included as standard
- High-drain 18650 batteries discharge more current than typical batteries
- LED screen to show the power level (0 – 100%)
- Use it to power other devices also, not just the Nectar V2, Nectar Gold and Nectar Platinum dry herb vaporizers
- USB output
- Attractive, modern, curved design
- Integrated high-performance protected circuit -protects against overcharge, over-discharge and short-circuiting
- High-quality fire retardant materials
- Reverse polarity protection
- Automatic selective charging
- Low voltage smart activation
Does the Nectar Vape Battery Charger Come With Batteries?
Yes! It comes with 2 high performance rechargeable 18650 3500mah batteries (20A) included as standard.
What is a Power Bank?
In simple terms, a power bank is a rechargeable battery housed within a case. A power bank is used to recharge electronic gadgets when you don’t have easy access to a regular wall charger. Power banks have one or more inputs and outputs. The input allows charging of the power bank itself, whilst the output lets you charge another device.
They range in size from small, slimline, pocket-sized devices to larger, high capacity chargers. The most portable power banks are USB power banks which allow charging of a variety of portable devices such as dry herb vaporizers, portable speakers and mobile phones, and other devices that get charged via USB.
Whilst they’re simple in their basic functioning, power banks can have quite complex circuitry and features such as power indicator lights, safety features, quick charging technologies and more.
When your device or batteries are running out of juice with no access to a wall outlet, a power bank is hard to beat in importance and convenience. If you’re on the go, then they’re all the more useful.
How do Power Banks Work?
Simply put, power banks are batteries and work just like regular rechargeable batteries but with some additional features.
When you charge them, they store up energy up to their maximum capacity and when you connect an external device to them, they release the charge to that device.
What Makes a Power Bank Great?
So what are the factors to look out for when it comes to a good power bank? Here are key features to look out for.
- Power Input – Amperes (A) is the measurement used to gauge power input for portable power banks. This measurement tells you how quickly the bank will recharge. The higher the rating the faster the charge, as more current can be delivered to the power bank in the same duration of time. The Nectar 18650 power bank has an input of 2100mA (2.1A) which is at the higher end of typical power banks that range between 1A and 2.4A.
- Power Output – This measures the speed at which an external device will be charged and like the power input, is also measured in amperes (A). In terms of recharging a smartphone and to provide some perspective, the current industry speed standard for a smartphone recharge is 2A.
- Capacity- When selecting a power bank consider how much use you will need from it. Is it for daily use or just emergency situations / ad hoc usage?
The capacity of a power bank is measured in milliamperes per hour (mah).
As a very rough guide just to give you an idea, here’s how many devices the following capacities could typically charge:
- 2,200mah – Low level usage. Good for single emergency use, eg a vaporizer or phone
- 6,000mah – Medium level usage, eg three devices charged
- 10,000mah – High level usage, approximately 5 devices charged
For even more power, there are power banks offering greater capacity.
The Nectar 18650 power bank has a total capacity of 7,000mah so it’s between a medium to high usage in terms of the number of devices you can charge from one full charge. The great thing is that it’s limited only by the size of the battery you use – as technology advances you can use more more powerful batteries
- Ports – how many and what type – Obviously the more ports on the power bank the more devices you can charge simultaneously. With the Nectar power bank you can charge your vaporizer (or another device) as well as charge your batteries at the same time. The USB port with micro usb allows a variety of devices to be charged. The Nectar 18650 power bank can be used with your mobile phone if it takes a USB (iPhone or Android), headphones, non-Nectar vaporizers – not just Nectar vaporizers
- Portability – power banks that are portable are clearly easier to carry around whether in your home or when you’re out and about. The larger power banks are better for staying put near the device which they are intended to charge
- Battery indicator / screen – A screen is useful for displaying the power level. The nectar power bank presents an LED screen which shows the power level from 0% to 100%
- Design – Aesthetics are a personal choice but why not get a power bank that is to your taste? There are many designs and we feel the Nectar power bank is an attractive, slick and curved design.
Can the Nectar Power Bank Charge Batteries and a Device at the Same Time?
Yes, you can be charging batteries whilst also charging a device such as a Nectar vaporizer simultaneously.
Which Batteries Do You Sell?
Currently, we offer the following batteries in our online shop:
18650 Battery 3000mah (x1 battery)
18650 Battery 3500mah (x1 battery)
18650 Batteries 3000mah (x2 batteries)
What Size Batteries Does a Vaporizer Take?
Most vaporizers take 18650 batteries – this is the most popular sized battery for vape devices. If you’d like to know how 18650 batteries differ from AA batteries, read on.
Are 18650 Batteries and AA Batteries Interchangeable?
18650 and AA batteries are not the same batteries so they’re not interchangeable. They have several differences including voltage, discharge of current and type. The 18650 rechargeable battery is now generally considered the new gold standard for replaceable and rechargeable batteries. Here’s the differences:
18650 batteries are rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, whilst AA batteries are not just made with lithium-ion, but also alkaline, zinc-carbon, nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal hydride (NiMH).
The voltage is different between the two types of battery: usually an 18650 battery is about 3.7V whilst a nickel-cadmium (NiCD) or nickel-metal hydride (NiMD) AA battery is about 1.2V. In simple terms, 18650 batteries have a higher voltage.
18650 batteries are just a little bigger in size than standard AA batteries. The name of the 18650 battery tells you its size: “18” means 18mm in diameter and “65” 65mm in length. AA batteries are around 14.5mm by 50.5mm.
Discharge of Current
Nectar 18650 batteries offer 3000mah and 35000mah, whilst an AA alkaline or NiMH battery typically offers between 2000mah and 3000mah. The key difference is in the amount of current discharged at any one time, with the 18650 battery discharging a lot more.
Same day dispatch, 7 days a week, except on public holidays.