What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is a form of CBD that is just pure CBD. No other cannabinoids, terpenes, THC or flavonoids. Just CBD. This makes measuring your dosage much easier than other forms of CBD as they involve other compounds.
CBD isolate comes in the form of a crystalline powder that is 99% pure CBD. It’s a chemical component derived from the hemp plant, but all other matter from the hemp plant is removed. Including any waxes, oils, other phytocannabinoids (like THC), chlorophyll, and more. Leaving you with a crystalline powder.
What is CBD?
CBD is a prominent cannabinoid inside the cannabis plant. There are over 400 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant; these include CBD and THC, which are the most popular ones. THC has been well known for giving users the high sensation when cannabis is taken because it is a psychoactive substance. However, CBD is not psychoactive no matter how you use it, meaning it does not have mind-altering effects and won’t get you high. Instead, it is used primarily for medicinal purposes. There has been a lot of research recently into the health benefits of CBD as it has become more globally accepted.
What are the different types of CBD?
There are 3 types of cannabidiol (CBD). There’s CBD isolate; which is the pure form of CBD. As well as full-spectrum CBD; which is an extract containing other compounds of the weed plant, such as terpenes and other cannabinoids. The last type is broad spectrum CBD, it contains a range of naturally occurring compounds from the cannabis plant, but no tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Are there different types of CBD Isolate?
There are many different CBD isolate products on the market, some are pure forms of CBD isolate and others have incorporated CBD isolate as their main ingredient. Some of the primary forms of CBD isolate include:
- Slab – Before CBD isolates are formed into powder, the primary resulting product when CBD is isolated from the full-spectrum extract is a slab. This slab is then broken into small chunks that can be used for all kinds of CBD applications and methods. Many CBD isolate users who dab or vape prefer it in slab form because of how easy it can be used in these applications and methods.
- Isolates/Powder – CBD crystals and isolates are the most common form of CBD isolate on the market. They are very easy and versatile to use, and you can add them to almost anything you want.
- Isolate-based products – As mentioned earlier, some products on the market use CBD isolate as their main ingredient. You can find a bunch of products made from CBD isolate out there. Pretty much every CBD product on the market has a CBD isolate alternative.
- Terpsolate – One thing that people either love or dislike about CBD isolate is the loss of all the major cannabis compounds. To make up for this for those who feel they are missing the other major cannabis compounds, some companies add some of the hemp-derived terpenes back into the isolate to create a terpsolate. This results in an aromatic product that is highly preferred for dabbing because of all the flavours.
How do you use CBD Isolate?
There are so many wonderful ways that you can use CBD isolate. Because it is incredibly pure and also has a lack of taste, and lack of odor, it means that CBD isolate is completely versatile. Due to how versatile it is, the hardest part of using CBD isolate can be deciding which method you want to use it with. There are several ways to apply, consume, or even smoke it. So, here are some ways to use CBD isolate to help inspire you:
- Sublingually (Under your tongue) – One of the most popular ways to use CBD isolate is sublingually, by placing it under your tongue. To do this, place the CBD powder directly beneath your tongue and keep it there for a minute. This method is also one of the most effective ways to consume CBD.
- Topically (On your skin) – For this method, it is recommended that you mix your CBD isolate with a high-fat carrier oil. Apply it to your skin or you can even add it to your favorite cream. Many oils are good carriers for CBD, like olive oil and hemp seed oil.
- Ingesting (Infusing food & drink) – There are all kinds of ways that you can consume CBD isolate through foods and drinks. Some choose to dissolve water soluble isolate into any food or drink of choice. And as we have just covered, it can also be swallowed by itself. You can literally add it to anything you eat just for an extra CBD boost.
- Ingesting (Via capsules) – You can measure out CBD isolate powder and put it into capsules or pills, allowing you to ingest an accurately measured dosage. This is an effortless way to take CBD at the dosage you prefer. Just male sure that you store the capsules in a dry, cool, and sealed container. This method is perfect for anyone on the go who wants a quick way to incorporate CBD into their daily life. What’s more, this method has potential to be the most economical if you buy the CBD in bulk.
- Vaping – You can vape your CBD isolate powder in a few different ways. We recommend that you research them first and decide which way is best for you.
- Dabbing – Another option is to make your CBD isolate powder into crystal slabs that you can then dab on a traditional oil rig. You can even mix it with terpenes to create your own homemade CBD concentrates.
- Making your own CBD vape juice / oil – Adding CBD isolate powder to vape juice is one of the easiest ways to use it. Simply add it to an existing vape juice and ensure it is mixed evenly. This method allows you to add as much CBD as you like and control the overall potency.
- Mixing it into an oil / tincture – Another option is to mix your isolate with a carrier oil like coconut oil or MCT oil to make a CBD oil tincture. CBD dissolves well in fats but not so well in water.
- Smoking (Adding to hemp flower) – If you are looking to really feel the effects of CBD along with an entourage effect, then add your CBD isolate powder to some hemp flower and roll it up. Due to its purity, the isolate powder on its own won’t produce the entourage effect; however it will when combined with hemp flower.
- Create your own CBD sweetener – A great way to do this is to blend it in with some honey (preferably organic) or stir it into stevia. You can even add CBD isolate powder into your syrup and drizzle it over pancakes, french toast or anything else really, it’s your choice!
What are the benefits of CBD Isolate?
- CBD isolate contains no THC – Even though the combined effects of THC and CBD are said to be more effective, some see the lack of THC in CBD Isolate as a benefit. It’s actually mainly this reason why CBD isolate has become so popular.
- It has beneficial effects on the human body – Studies have shown that CBD works by acting on the body’s endocannabinoid system. The main objective of this system is to maintain homeostasis and to help the body adapt to external stressors.
- It’s easy to figure out the CBD isolate dosage – Depending on your body weight and unique needs, dosage amounts can vary. However, experts recommend starting with a low dose of CBD Isolate (10mg or less). They also suggest using CBD isolate at a low dosage for around three days and seeing how it affects you.
- It’s cheaper – CBD isolate is significantly less expensive than other forms of commercial cannabinoids, such as CBD tinctures or CBD oil.
Is CBD Isolate legal?
CBD is completely legal in the UK, unlike THC. Any CBD products must not contain more than 0.2% in order to be legal in the UK. THC is what is present in the cannabis plant that can make you high. CBD products should have very small traces of THC, if any, in order to be legal.
Is CBD Isolate safe?
Yes, CBD isolates are very safe. As long as you use them in the right way and in the correct amounts.
Will CBD Isolate get me high?
No, CBD will not get you high. CBD products are made from strains of hemp that do not contain more than 0.2% THC. This means that there is not enough THC in the CBD to give you a high of any kind. CBD is not psychoactive, unlike THC.
How To Make CBD Isolate Crystals?
CBD isolates are made by taking CBD oil to the next level. The extra step that produces pure CBD isolate is called winterization. Through this process, CBD oil becomes CBD isolate. Winterization removes all oils, waxes, as well as any plant matter, leaving you with 99.9% pure CBD isolate from the cannabis plant.