Directions on how to effectively use the Nectar Pre Press Mould
1. Take apart the three pieces of the pre press mould and place the mould cylinder onto the mould platform (see product images for diagram).
2. Grind your material and drop it into the mould cylinder.
3. Insert the mould weight into the mould cylinder and compress either using body weight or a hammer.
4. Insert the puck into a folded parchment paper sheet ready for pressing using a rosin press machine.
Pre Press Mould Materials
The Nectar pre press mould is milled out of aluminium and finished with a brushed effect. Pre pressing your material will help you reduce blowouts and significantly improve your yields.
- The mini mould has been designed for smaller loads making it a great pre press for home use and those who are using smaller amounts of flower. It’s perfect for anyone still getting to grips with pressing essential oils
- Easy to use: The pre press is easy to use, fast and effective. See the description for step by step instructions
- Loading size: 1 to 7g materials
The pre press mould has been especially designed for maximum yield of your rosin press. It’s a common misconception with pre press moulds that the bigger they are the better they are, but this couldn’t be any further away from the truth! See below for a description on how our cylindrical mould maximises yield.
Since ‘Compressive Force’ = ‘Force’ (Rosin Press) divided by ‘Area’ (Mould), then the smaller the area of your mould the larger the compressive force will be on your dry herb puck. The fact that this pre press mould has a diameter of just 3cm allows you to maximise the yield of your press due to the compressive force being maximised. Essentially, you don’t need a bigger press, you just need a smaller mould, so why spend more money when you can press some of the best rosin with less?
Pre-press Mould and Nectar Rosin Press – a Winning Combination
Pressing your herb into discs / pucks with the pre-press mould works great with the Nectar Rosin Press as you get even higher yields than the high-yielding rosin already provides. Here’s a quick summary of the many benefits pressing your own rosin provides, making it a fast-growing segment of this market.
Solvent-free – first and foremost, pressing rosin involves no additives or solvents like harmful butane. The result is clean, natural, healthier concentrates.
Fast, simple – Making rosin at home might sound high-tech but it’s really quite simple. Rosin can be made in a matter of minutes, and if you follow the instructions carefully, it’s very simple to operate.
Strong potency – Rosin is very potent and a little goes a longer way. The richness of the cannabinoid and terpene content also means the effects take hold quickly, so make sure to dose gradually.
Safer – Without solvents the process is so much safer than methods that use butane for example. Butane is highly flammable so explosions are not out of the ordinary. But with a diy rosin press, there are no such risks, making the process of making rosin much safer and more enjoyable.
Efficient – A rosin press machine is highly efficient in that it allows you to produce high quantities of rosin.
Versatile – Rosin concentrates are very versatile – use them in your dry herb vaporizer, make edibles like brownies, or why not try your hand at making topicals like salves.
Consume immediately – you can consume your rosin as soon as it’s made, no need to wait or do something else with it.
So as you can see, rosin is natural, potent, simple, quick, versatile and more!